HAWAII AQUACULTURE

Hawaiian stilt, aeo  (Himantopus  knudseni) forages in an abandoned catfish farm within Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge on Maui<br />Click for Larger Image

Hawaiian stilt, aeo (Himantopus knudseni) forages in an abandoned catfish farm within Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge on
Click for Larger Image

CLICK HERE to view the PDF file for the Hawaii Aquaculture Report.
Please visit the website for more information:
http://www.nass.usda.gov/hi/
————————————————————-
Contact Information:
Mark E. Hudson, Director
Field Office
1421 South King Street
Honolulu, HI 96814-2512
Office: (808) 973-9588 / (800) 804-9514
Fax: (808) 973-2909
————————————————————-
"HAWAII AQUACULTURE" reports are available on our website and also PRINTED annually. Subscriptions for PRINTED copies are free to those persons who report to NASS (upon request) and available for $2 per year to all others.

Hawaii grown aquaculture reached a record $34.7 million in 2008, increasing 38 percent from 2007.  Algae sales accounted for 45 percent of the value and amounted to $15.7 million.  Finfish sales by weight valued at $7.0 million, comprised 20 percent of the total. The ornamental category was pegged at $3.3 million or 10 percent of the total. The ‘other’ category includes seed , brood , and other items counted by number, accounted for 24 percent or $8.3 million. Hawaii County continued to lead the State in aquaculture sales with $27.8 million or 80 percent of the total value.  Sales from Honolulu, and Maui Counties accounted for the remaining 20 percent.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

0 Responses to “HAWAII AQUACULTURE”


Comments are currently closed.
Loading