Hawaii Seed Crops

Here is the PDF file for the Hawaii Seed Crops report.
Please visit the website for more information: http://www.nass.usda.gov/hi/
Hawaii Seed Crops
————————————————————-
Contact Information:
Mark E. Hudson, Director
USDA NASS Hawaii Field Office
1421 South King Street
Honolulu, HI 96814-2512

Office: (808) 973-9588 / (800) 804-9514
Fax: (808) 973-2909
————————————————————-

Seed Crop industry valued at record high $176.6 million

Monsanto Corn on Maui<br />Click for Larger Image
Monsanto Corn on Maui
Click for Larger Image
The Hawaii Field Office of the National Agricultural Statistics Service estimates the value of Hawaii’s seed industry at a record high $176.6 million for the 2008/09 season. This preliminary estimate represents a 26-percent increase from 2007/08’s revised estimate of $140.7 million. Seed corn is expected to account for $169.3 million, or 96 percent, of the total value in 2008/09. A variety of other seed crops will account for the remaining 4 percent.

Outshipments of seed are anticipated to total 10.1 million pounds during the 2008/09 season, up 20 percent from the revised 8.4 million pounds shipped during the 2007/08 season.

Acreage harvested for all seed crops is expected to total a record high 5,930 acres during the 2008/09 season, up 12 percent from the 2007/08 season.

seed

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to top