University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Posted: Sep. 18, 2009
The public is invited to take an up-close look at some exciting research and outreach activities in Hawai‘i agriculture.
Who: UH Mānoa College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources (CTAHR)
What: Will host its 20th Waimanalo Research Station Field Day
When: Saturday, September 26, 9 a.m. to noon
Where: Waimānalo Research Station, 41-698 Ahiki Street
Visitors will have the opportunity to see:
* corn field trials.
* Kapi‘olani Community College’s Culinary Program.
* organic pepper and eggplant field trials.
* biotechnology outreach program.
* taro varieties collection (over 90 varieties).
* plumeria tree collection.
* cacao project.
* biofuel project.
* USDA erosion control project.
The public is encouraged to bring water and wear appropriate footwear, sunscreen, comfortable loose fitting clothing and hats for sun protection.