Edited by Ed Johnston and Helen Rogers. This is the definitive guide to the cultural-historical, ingredients, chemistry, cultivars, preparation, production and integrated pest management for ‘Awa (kava kava or Piper methysticum) has been published by the Association for Hawaiian ‘Ava. This is an indispensable resource to anyone interested in the topic.
- Risk of Kava Hepatotoxicity and the FDA Consumer Advisory
- ‘Awa Website Shopping Cart Updated
- The Future of Hawaii’s commercial ‘Awa industry
- Lāʻau Lapaʻau: Five Important Medicinal Hawaiian Plants
- Fiji Times–New research in Scotland and Luxembourg has found that kava is a cure for two types of cancers.
- A study into the kava industry has found that there was no basis for the market recalls or restriction on kava