To: Golf Course & Landscape Industries
From: Norman M. Nagata, Extension Agent
A test was conducted on November 9 at Waiehu Municipal Golf Course to evaluate the efficacy of several herbicide mixes used by superintendents and new combinations to control goosegrass. On November 22, another test was conducted to observe the effects on using Revolver and Roundup at different rates for goosegrass control. You are invited to a field day to observe the results of these two tests.
Herbicide Field Day on Goosegrass Control
Date: December 17, 2010 (Friday)
Time: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
Place: Meet at Waiehu Golf Course “Service Entrance” (6th tee) next to Waiehu Beach Park & Baseball Field located at the end of “Lower Waiehu Beach Road” (MAP) at 10:45 am. We will then car-pool to the test site at the 17th tee.
- An overview on the difficulty in controlling herbicide resistant goosegrass.
- Test-1: Discuss & observe the results of different herbicide mixes used by superintendents and other combinations.
- Test-2: Discuss & observed the results of using different Revolver and Roundup combinations.
If approved these recertification credits will be offered:
- Hawaii Dept. of Agriculture Pesticide categories 1a, 3, 6 & 10
- Golf Course Superintendents Assoc. of America
Deadline to register (and to apply for recertification credits) is December 16 (Thursday)
You can register by responding to this email (email@example.com) or by calling the Cooperative Extension Service at 244-3242 x230. Please provide your name, company & telephone number should we need to contact you of any changes on this field day.
This project was supported in part by the County of Maui.
Mahalo to Ron Kubo, Superintendent at Waiehu Golf Course for making these tests possible.
Please contact me if you have any questions or require any special assistance to attend this event.