Reimbursement program for farms and ranches available through the Maui Chamber of Commerce. Applications may be submitted through November 20th, or until funds are exhausted on a first-come-first served basis.
Allowable fund uses:
- Farmland Mortgage & Rent
- Farmland Utilities – Water/Electricity
- Seeds, Plants
- Fertilizer, Pesticide, Mulch, Compost
- Equipment & Vehicle Repairs & Maintenance (if farm operations were impacted due to lack of sales and they were not able to pay for these items)
- Irrigation Repairs
- Planting Supplies, Tables, Containers
- Feed for Livestock
Applicants must submit:
- A complete online application
- A copy of their filed 2019 IRS 1040 Schedule F or their corporate taxes for 2019, showing farm profits or loss
- A copy of the first 9 months (or 3 quarters, if filed quarterly) of G45 returns for both 2019 and 2020 showing gross receipts under Producer.
- Receipts for qualified expenses prior to November 20, 2020
- Information on numbers employed prior to March 20, 2020 and currently.
- A completed certification form verifying that applicant(s) did not receive funding assistance from the Kokua Maui County Small Business Recovery & Relief Fund; Maui County Adaptability
- Fund; Maui Chamber of Commerce Micro-Business Loan; and/or MEO’s Agriculture Micro-Grant.
- For more information, program details, and the online application, please visit: http://www.mauichamber.com/maui-county-farm–ranch-continuity-program.html
You can contact the Maui Chamber about this program via email or phone: email@example.com (808) 244-0081
Edible Crops, Sustainable Agriculture, and Farm Food Safety Extension
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Dept. of Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences
Maui Agricultural Research and Extension Center